Friday, August 23, 2013

Happy Birthday to me. 40 years ago I turned 15 years old on this date and had no idea that in two months I would be pregnant and my entire life would change. With 40 years of hindsight, I can see that it was not just my life that changed. My entire family-each and every member-experienced their own set of changes. I am happy to say that today, and for a majority of my son's life, my family members-each and every one-have provided him a safe place. That is the best gift I could ever receive. Happy Birthday to that 15 year old. I am grateful to her for doing one thing right. Bringing my son into the world and keeping him in my life is a treasure that I did not know how to celebrate for many years. This is not a comment for or against any other alternative to a teen pregnancy. It is MY statement of gratitude. I have had 39 awesome years with that kid. Today I celebrate by making Harry Potter candies, for my life has been a collage of miracles and magic. Thanks to my family and thanks to Google for the Greeting!

1 comment: